Monday, May 23, 2011

May Birthday Cards

May is such a fun month for me, because there are so many special events that take place. We have 3 birthdays in our family, and then there is Mother's Day as well. Two of those aforementioned birthdays are for my wonderful grandkids. My grandson turned 14, and below is the card I made for him.

I wanted this card to be young and appropriate for a teenage young man, which is what my grandson is. In other words, this card could not be blinged up, flowered up, or otherwise girlied up. lol This is what I came up with.

.


It's a simple card, but yet very colorful and fun. I just added a multi-colored horizontal striped border to yellow birthday paper, and then stamped happy birthday on a white piece of cardstock. A cute chipboard cupcake with candle was added, which I thought was the perfect finishing touch.

My granddaughter turned 21 this month, which is a special age and has to be celebrated. So...celebrate we did. lol Here is the card I made for her.


I decided to use the colorful numbered background paper to signify all of the previous birthday ages of my beautiful granddaughter. I cute the flower out with my Cricut Expression, and I added another circle shaped number paper as the center. On top of that, I added the number 21, which I cut out from a Fiskars template with my Fiskar's shape cutter. Love that! Since my granddaughter is girly, of course I had to add ribbon with a bow and blinge to the number 21. I rounded all the corners to soften the look a bit, and I'm quite happy with how this card turned out.

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting me today. Happy scrappin and dollie playing.

xoxoxo
Chrissy



2 comments:

  1. I so love your colourful cards....they are extremely beautiful....you have some really great ideas here....
    Love Kathie
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete