Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day Card

Hello dolls and crafters! It's Monday and the day after Father's Day. I hope everyone had a wonderful celebration with the dads in your lives. Of course, I made a cute card for my hubby, and I have to give the credit to Mary(cardcrazy09/cardstv.blogspot.com). Mary is an avid card maker, and not long ago, she shared how to make a really cute origami shirt to put on a card. I just had to make one of these adorable folded shirts for my hubby for Father's Day. Mary has a YouTube channel too, so look her up if you want to know how to make one of these shirts for a certain male in your life. I grabbed Mary's blog button so you can find her here on blogspot.com. Thank you so much Mary for sharing how to make this darling folded shirt. Love it!


After looking through all of my paper, I chose this blue patterned paper for my shirt and started folding after cutting a 4x6 strip. I will admit that I had to make a couple out of scrap paper before getting the hang of it, but get the hang of it I did. lol It really is simple to do, so you might want to give it a try yourself. I think this shirt would be adorable on any card for any occasion for that male in your life. The card itself is simple, and I really didn't use a whole lot of techniques on this card. Other than folding the the shirt, I just did some faux stitching on the blue band with my white gel pen and then wrote hubby with some dots trailing after the word hubby. Small glue dots hold the yellow buttons on the shirt. The shirt itself will stay folded, so you really don't need any adhesive. I did use some on the collar, because it really wasn't laying flat enough to suit me. It's up to you what you do though.

Anyway.....I hope you like it. Thanks for stopping by.


Happy scrappin and dollie playin!

xoxox
Chrissy

1 comment:

  1. Cute card, I love the colors! I am now a follower. :)

    Stop by my new card making blog, Made Especially For You. It's still in its early stages but I promise I have many plans for it!

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete