Friday, December 30, 2011

Playing Barbie!

Wow....the month of December sure has flown by, and now it's almost a brand new year.....2012. Hard to believe, but yet it's here. How will all of you celebrate New Year's Eve? Me?? I'll be right here at home watching the ball drop in Times Square, and then I'll probably watch a few YouTube videos until I'm ready to drift off to sleep. Hubby? Well....he'll be watching the backs of his eyelids long before midnight. haha

Anyway....I played a little bit today with a couple of dolls. It felt good, and I hadn't done that in awhile. Today I'm sharing a couple of Basic Barbie dolls with the much loved Steffie face. I have to say, I love this face as much as everyone else.

The lst doll I have named Camilla. I'm not sure why....except that name just came to me when I redressed her and made over her hair. I'll explain. At first I was sorry I had bought this blonde Steffie with the very curly hair. After I deboxed her, I thought....what a very dry frizzy looking mess. Then it came to me to try washing and conditioning her hair, and that dear friends....made all the difference in the world. Once I had rinsed out the conditioner, I just used my old afro pick(remember those?) and gently started shaping her hair. Then I just used my fingers and hands to shape and scrunch those curls. The result......LOVE HER! She is so much improved, and I can't stop looking at her.
I hope you all like her as much as I do. Please leave a comment and let me know.

The 2nd Steffie girl I'm sharing is a Target Red Basic doll with the same Steffie face, but with jet black hair in a ponytail. I decided she's a bit rock n' roll, so I redressed her accordingly. She is just gorgeous with her juicy red lips and midnight black hair, and I love her in this fashion.
I named her Roxie, because it just seemed to fit her whole look and personality. The fashion she is wearing was originally a Fashion Fever ensemble that came on a Fashion Fever doll......I think. The doll was a blonde Barbie with that new face that no one really liked, so it disappeared. Anyway....I think she looks like she's ready to go to a very loud rock n' roll concert......or perform as the lead singer of a very popular band. LOL Once again.....I hope you like her. Let me know please.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy Dolly Playin....and Happy Scrappin.

xoxox
Chrissy

No comments:

Post a Comment