Friday, February 17, 2012

Birdhouse and Recycling. Win Win!

I have a thing for repurposing things along with really cute birdhouses. I really haven't seen too many birdhouses that I didn't like. lol Anyway.....I usually find my birdhouse to make over at a craft store or a thrift store. The below birdhouse was unfinished, but not I have repurposed some junk mail ads to help decorate this cute birdhouse. At least I think it's cute! lol I hope you do too.



In the first picture you can see that I quilled some flowers out of some junk mail ads that I put through the shredder. I often shred junk mail to use in my Ebay packages rather than buy peanuts, etc. Works great! I used ordinary tacky glue to glue the flowers,buttons, and paper strips on the birdhouse. For the roof I used brown cardstock cut and trimmed to size, and I used an EK Success punch to make the scallops on each strip of paper. I really love how this birdhouse turned out. I know the petals aren't necessarily uniform in size, but there are no mistakes in crafting, so it's all good. I'm keeping this birdhouse displayed in my office/craft room because it makes me smile. Oh....I almost forgot to share that I painted the birdhouse first with white acrylic paint. I hope you like it.

Thanks for stopping by to visit.

Happy dollie playing and crafting.

xoxox
Chrissy

No comments:

Post a Comment