Friday, February 17, 2012

Sticky Note Containers.

Are you like me and have a drawer full of cute sticky notes that you forget to use because they aren't conveniently placed where you work? I know I always forget I even have them, so I decided to do something about that. I experimented with some plain computer paper to come up with a pattern before trying to make some out of some pretty scrapbook paper. Below is what I came up with.


Unfortunately, I did not write down any measurements for this project, but I can tell you that I used my paper trimmer and Martha Stewart scoreboard. lol I found that regular scrapbook tape wasn't going to be strong enough to hold these containers/boxes together after scoring and folding, so I had to get out my red sticky tape. That did the trick just fine. Then I used my circle punch to cut half circles out of the front of each box. I think I went down a bit too far when punching out the circle on the bottom box, but I can live with that.

I'm also thinking that I used a 6 x 6 square of paper, and then scored each side at the 3" mark, but I honestly can't be sure. I do plan to make another box for the sticky notes I just bought the other day, so I'll make sure to make note of the measurements and share them the next time around. lol One good thing about these boxes is you can stack them on top of each other, so they don't take up much room on your desk. Love it.

Thanks for stopping by to visit with me today. Leave a comment please.

Happy dollie playing and crafting.

xoxox
Chrissy 

1 comment:

  1. Hello from Spain: I love the boxes that you did to make notes. I also really like the paper and the floor of the house of barbie you are creating. We remain in contact blog blog

    ReplyDelete