Monday, March 5, 2012

New Birdhouse

Today I thought I'd share a project that I completed awhile back, but I just didn't get around to taking some pics of it until today. This was an unfinished birdhouse when I bought it....probably at Michaels or JoAnn's. I tried to create the look of denim when painting, and I think I was somewhat successful. What do you all think? Here's a peek at the finished product.




The bigger flower that has words on them was made from a dictionary page that I inked up and punched out with my scallop punch. I crumpled up the scalloped circle shapes and worked with them to make the flower shape, and then I added a flat back pearl in the middle. The two smaller flowers with words were cut out using a small punch, and then I curled up the petals and added small pearls. The bird in the last picture is actually a 3 layered dimensional sticker, and I thought it was perfect for this birdhouse. The other smaller flowers I bought, and then I used a small paint brush handle to create the curly tendrils on a few of them.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my blog. I so appreciate it.

Happy crafting and dollie playing.

xoxox
Chrissy

No comments:

Post a Comment