Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Barbie and Ken as Mr. and Mrs. Jack in the Box

I came across a Barbie and Ken doll that I transformed into Mr. and Mrs. Jack in the Box many years ago. This idea was not original to me, and I can't now remember where I even came across someone else's Mr. and Mr.s Jack in the Box dolls. Sorry....I've slept since then. However, I haven't come across
anymore pictures anywhere of dolls transformed into this fast food couple since then. So...without further blogging about this on my part, here is the couple that I made for my own collection.



Creating Mr. Jack in the Box was fairly easy, but the Mrs. needed some added steps in order to complete her. I used some craft store curly orange hair and glued it on to the JIB head. Before gluing the hair on, I carefully used a craft knife and removed the hat. I wanted the hat to look as if hair was underneath the hat too, and that's the only way I could think of to get that look. Once the hair was in place, I glued the hat back on and added the two flowers to it. I just dressed both dolls in black and white fashions, and they were done. Pretty cute huh?

I hope you enjoyed this post. Please let me know what you think of my JIB couple.

Thanks for stopping by and visiting me. Don't forget to play with your dollies or create something
prettyful.

xoxo
Chrissy

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing! Jack would be proud. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I really love all the posts you make on Facebook, and I'm glad that we are following each other.

      Chrissy

      Delete
  2. Hello from Spain: I congratulate you for this couple so original.The suit of Mr. I have it just for me Ken. The hair It is very original. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting Marta. I really appreciate it. I always enjoy coming over to enjoy all of your posts too.

      Chrissy

      Delete
  3. hi from istanbul .....beautiful story, beautiful photography.. If you have time, I'd love to know your opinion of my dolls blog. It's all about my style between doll and istanbul ! xoxo..

    ReplyDelete