Monday, May 14, 2012

Doll House Cat Tree

Happy Monday everyone. I meant to stop in yesterday and wish all the mothers out there in blogland a very Happy Mother's Day. I didn't make it. lol Anyway....I hope you all had a great day yesterday no matter if you are the mother of 2 or 4 legged kids. I am the mother of both, and I'm proud of it.

That brings me back to today's post. If any of you follow My Froggy Stuff, you know that one project that was shared was how to make a 1:6th scale doll sized cat tree. In case you don't know about My Froggy stuff....she has a blog, Facebook page, and YouTube channel. Tons of fun projects to learn how to make for your doll....not to mention inspiration. I decided to tackle making a cat tree for my Barbie doll house I've been renovating. BTW.....I'm almost done, so I'll be sharing some new pics soon. I did manage to make a fairly decent cat tree for some of my dolls' cute feline friends, but I did learn a few things along the way. I might make another one in the future to replace this one that I learned on. For one thing, I wish I had figured out to tuck in the small sides of the felt before adhering the sides down. I did at the end, and it made the look turn out to be much neater and more polished. I also used some scrapbooking adhesive, fabric glue, and a glue gun. So...without further blah blah from me, here is my cat tree creation.


I think you can see from some of the ends of the platforms what I mean about tucking the ends in first before adhering the longer sides down. The ones I did that on look a lot more finished. Also....I'm not crazy about the top of the room with the peaked roof. Next time I think I'll add a back wall and make the walls a bit shorter. That might keep the room from leaning too much to one side or the other. I have to wait to make another one while using up my shipping tape so I can have another cardboard round tube. lol Getting toilet paper rolls is much easier and faster. haha So...this is my project, and I hope you like it. I'll be sure and share the next one with you when I make it and have a good picture to share.

Thanks for stopping by and visiting me. Please feel free to leave a comment.

Don't forget to play with your dollies and create something wonderful.

xoxo
Chrissy

1 comment:

  1. Hello from Spain: Happy Mother's Day. We also congratulate you on this creationfor the cat. You do a great job. I also Froggy's creations. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete