Thursday, June 28, 2012

Wedding Fantasy Barbie

Today I thought I'd share the very first Barbie I bought for my collection. Well...it and one other were bought at the same time. The plan I had at the time, was to learn how to crochet, and Barbie was going to be my perfect model for these fashioin. Well....I cannot lie....I have yet to learn how to crochet, and it's been many years since I bought this doll I'm about to share with you. lol My hubby and I took a long weekend and drove to Monterry and Carmel for our anniversary. One of Monterrey's site seeing attractions is called Cannery Row, and we definitely visited this attraction. At the time, Mattel had a toy club there, but it no longer exists there as far as I know. However....Mattel has several other Toy Clubs scattered here in California, which I have also visited. It was the Cannery Row Toy Club, that I discovered a wonderful world of Barbie as an adult. I picked out 2 dolls to buy....a bride birthday Barbie and a birthday Barbie. Maybe I'll share the birthday Barbie I bought next year when Barbie's birthday rolls around. For now, I am sharing the beautiful Wedding Fantasy Barbie.



Isn't she gorgeous? The box isn't in the most wonderful condition, but I really don't care. I have her displayed on a shelf in my doll room so I can admire her often along with all of my other nrfb dolls. The year on the box is 1989, but the year on the box is usually a year behind of the date a doll actually appears on the market for purchase. I can't be sure what year we went on this trip, but I'm thinking it was 1992....not that it makes any difference. I'm just so glad this wonderful doll in my collection.

June is coming to a close, and I'll make my final Barbie bride post soon, so please come back to check it out.

I hope you enjoyed this post, and I really appreciate you stopping by for a visit. Please leave a comment.

Don't forget to play with your dolls and make something beautiful.

xoxo
Chrissy

1 comment:

  1. Hello from Spain: I like knowing the history of your collection of Barbies. The first Barbie in your collection is beautiful. I see you have it inside the box. The dress she is wearing is very pretty. I am also excited to see the other Barbie you bought. I'll have to wait for barbie birthday to see the Barbie birthday... wow wow !!. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete