Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Fun Barbie Swap Creation

July sure has been flying by, and it's getting away from me. I can't believe that this month is almost half over. Where oh where does the time go?

Today I thought I would share a couple of pictures from a Barbie swap that I participated in a few years ago. Doll swaps can be a lot of fun, and I love being able to create something for someone
else that is Barbie related.

In this first picture, you will see one of my own reproduction TNT Barbie dolls modeling a mod era
fashion I made for my swap partner. I just love the fabric. It has tiny bees all over it and is a perfect fashion for spring and summer. There are other items that I included in the swap for my dollie swap
partner. The ottoman was a foam square that I covered with a neutral fabric. I also painted 4 wooden balls and glued them on for feet. The small table was originally blue, and I spray painted it that great color that is one of my favorites to use for spray painting. That cute tea set came with the blue table that I spray painted. Also...the tiered goodie tray was a different color that I spray painted black.

.


Here's another view of the swap items. The items that my swap partner received
was the mod dress, the ottoman, the table, the 2 tiered goodie tray with goodies, and
the tea set. I decided to call my swap "Honey Bee Tea." lol Anyone care to have a cup
of tea and a sweet goodie? :+)


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog. I so enjoy reading comments, so please feel free to leave one for me.

Keep playing with your dolls and creating pretty things.

xoxo
Chrissy

4 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: I agree with you that the time Has Been flying by, and it's getting away from me. I love the dress Barbie is wearin. I love the color and fabric designs. A great job. I also love the scene that you created. Congratulations on this wonderful work. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marta. I appreciate your kind words so much.

      xoxo
      Chrissy

      Delete
  2. I still have my original brunette TNT Barbie (around 1968), my first Barbie doll. I also have my PJ doll, around 1970.
    Lorraine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Lorraine. That's so great you still have some of your mod dolls from your childhood. I wish I could say the same thing. I've made up for it in adulthood though. lol

      xoxo
      Chrissy

      Delete