Friday, August 31, 2012

Elektra Barbie Doll

Today I thought I'd share my Elektra Barbie doll with you along with a swap that I did where she was my model. Elektra is a beautiful brunette Mackie faced Barbie doll, and she is one of my favorite dolls. The only thing I don't like about her is her larger head. Why oh why did Mattel start using the bigger heads on some our beloved dolls? Okay....I'm through throwing my small tantrum. haha

The swap I participated in was a summer swap that was held in 2007. I created an outfit for my swap partner, and I hope that she loved it as much as I did. In fact, I really didn't even want to send it to her, but I convinced myself it was the right thing to do. ♥♥♥










Leopard print is one of my favorite fabrics, and I was happy to find some that was the right scale for our favorite vinyl doll. The chair was not included in the swap, and it was originally a cell phone holder. I believe I found it at Claire's, but since I've slept since then, I just don't remember. haha

I know I included some other goodies in with the leopard print fashion, but I don't recall what those were either. That's okay, because I don't even remember what I received in this swap. Swaps can be so much fun to participate in, but it seems that a lot of that has just gone by the wayside like so many other things have.

Don't worry, because Elektra still wears her original outfit when she is called upon to be the superhero she is. lol Oh....and she wears it for Halloween too, which will be here before we know it.

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. I hope you enjoyed this post. Please leave a comment for me.

xoxo
Chrissy

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I recently bought this doll, but she is still in her red outfit. She looks so pretty dressed in regular clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vanessa. Congrats on getting this beautiful doll. I hope you experiement with redressing her at some point. She is so gorgeous in just about any fashion you want her to wear. Thanks for your comment. I ♥ comments.

      Delete
  2. Hello from Spain. I love this doll. She has beautiful hair. I also really like the chair with leopard print. In my country it is fashionable clothing and accessories with leopard print. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marta. I really appreciate all the comments you leave for me. I'm glad you like this doll. Yes...leapord print is very fashionable here as well. I really think it is a timeless look if it's not over done. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete