Tuesday, September 4, 2012

New Fashionista Barbie Fashion Closet

Last week when I was in Target, I noticed some new Fashionista Barbie fashion closets hanging on the pegs. Normally I do not get too excited about this, because I've really been disappointed in Mattel's offerings for Barbie clothing for quite awhile now. I sure miss the Fashion Avenue and Fashion Fever fashions that we used to be able to purchase for our dolls. For sometime now, the fashions have been too pink, glittery, shiny, and not to my taste. I know that Mattel is marketing toward little girls though, and they do love shiny, glittery, and pink. But what about us big girls?

Anyway......on to what my post is about. Although I wasn't overly enthusiastic about this new Fashionista closet, it certainly was better than a lot that has been offered for quite awhile. There were 2 others hanging on the pegs that I wasn't that impressed with, but I do not that some Barbie enthusiasts might love them. I debated for awhile if I liked this one Fashionista closet enough to part with money for it, and the closet won out. lol So....here are some pics of my girls wearing the three fashions that were in this closet.


 



WOZ Barbie is modeling the cute fashion in the lst picture. She has a model muse body, and you can see this fashion fits her just fine. The purse did not come in this closet, and I borrowed it from a LIV fashion.

Then and Now Barbie(50th anniversary) is on a Fashionista body, and the fashion she is wearing including the purse and shoes were all included in the closet.

Frank Sinatra Barbie has a new body and haircut.....a LIV body, and she is wearing the last fashion in this closet. She is also wearing LIV shoes.

So, you can see these fashion fit a wide range of bodies, which I think is great. Yes....there still is a bit of pink and glittery, but I don't think it's over powering. I do love the purse(Then and Now Barbie) that came in the closet along with the two pair of shoes that came in it as well. Very cute.

Here are some closeups of the 3 girls in the above pictures.






Aren't they all lovely in their new fashions? I hope you enjoyed this post. If you want to leave me a comment, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

xoxo
Chrissy

4 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: I agree with your opinion that the clothing is too bright and Mattel all pink. I think Mattel has to think big girls, adults ... Anyway this fashionista clothing that you bought is very nice. I have the same rack of LIV. .. I really like these three Barbies. You make changes of body and hair very appropriate ... keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice fashion pack. The white dress with the pink floral print is very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that fashion too Adrian. Thanks for coming by and commenting.

      xoxo
      Chrissy

      Delete
  3. Thanks for commenting Marta. I'm glad you agree with me about the Barbie fashions on the market today, and we are not alone in this opinion. The Fashion Avenue and even Fashion Fever fashions were so much better than what is offered today. I wasn't thrilled about this closet, but I felt it was better than a lot of the closets we've seen from Mattel for awhile now.

    xoxo
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete