Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Giving Thanks

It's so hard to believe that in one short week, we will be celebrating Thanksgiving here in the US. It just seems like yesterday that we had Thanksgiving in 2011. The year has just flown by, and all of my
dolls think this is true too. lol

I'm sharing a picture with you of a postcard that I have of our favorite girl and friends having a wonderful day of giving thanks with a turkey and all the trimmings. Even though family and friends are important on this day, we know that we love all of the food too.

 

You can see this picture is old school, because we don't see Christie or Kira on the store shelves anymore. Ken is still alive and well, but he looks different from the one in this picture. Even Barbie has changed in appearance from this Barbie doll. But still....I think this picture really says it all. Thanksgiving is all about getting together with family, friends, etc. to give thanks and celebrate everything in our lives we have to be thankful for.

I hope you enjoyed this post. Thanks for coming by to visit, and I hope you leave a comment.
I ♥♥♥ comments.

Hugs,
Chrissy
 

6 comments:

  1. I really liked the picture/postcard, i prefer "the old school" dolls.
    thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the older Barbie and friends dolls too. Thanks for visiting.
      ♥ Chrissy

      Delete
  2. Nice postcard. Love the decor and seeing the old dolls. Happy early Thanksgiving! Time is flying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa. I appreciate you stopping by and commenting. The older Barbie dolls are wonderful. It's almost Christmas now.

      ♥ Chrissy

      Delete
  3. Hello from Spain: this photo is gorgeous. I also prefer the old Barbies and Ken. I know that the celebration of Thanksgiving is very famous in America. I will try to post to my blog on this food and family ... We keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Marta. I'm glad you liked this post and the photo. Yes....we do keep in touch, and I appreciate it.

      ♥ Chrissy

      Delete