Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Happy Birthday Angel

Today I thought I would share a little something about a Barbie doll I have in my collection. When I first saw her, I wasn't sure I was going to add her. I'm trying to be good and not buy too many new dolls anymore. The reason that I am slowing down with buying Barbie, is because I'm simply out of room. I've slowly but surely been downsizing for awhile now, but I'm really getting nowhere fast.
That's because I'm still not slowing down my buying enough, and so it's a never ending task to downsize. Maybe some of you can relate to what I just said. ha ha
 
Anyway, I did give in and buy this doll, and I'm so happy that I did. She is just so sweet and sassy at the same time. So....it's time to reveal the doll I'm talking about, which is the 2008 Happy Birthday Angel Barbie. Here are a couple of pictures I took of mine.
 


 
 
 
 
See what I mean? Her pretty sweet face can also look like she is up to something all at the same time. I love the pale pink of her outfit she is wearing......and those ruffles on her skirt......too cute!! Her angel wings are removable too, and she looks really cute in other fashions as well. Here are a couple of pics that I've borrowed from the Internet.
 

 
 
 
As you can see, she really is a very versatile doll, and I love her redressed. My doll is still in her original costume, but I'm sure considering redressing her. If I do, maybe I'll share more pictures of her here.
 
I hope you enjoyed my post today. I really appreciate you stopping by to visit me. Please leave a comment for me. I know I've been missing in action lately. Life has simply just kept me hopping around with one thing or another. Hopefully everything has evened out and I can get back to sharing my dolls and crafting again.
 
xoxo
Chrissy




4 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain, i envy¡ I love this Barbie. She is very attractive. Nice pics. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marta. I too think she is very pretty, and I'm glad to have her in my collection.

      xoxo
      Chrissy

      Delete
  2. Hi Chrissy, she has a very pretty face. About slowing down in buying Barbies, I have for a long time, not only for the space, but also, once you start you want more and more, and me, coming from a collector perspective I want the most unique one, so they became pricey. I have been holding myself for a long time and have (95% of the time), no regrets, everything is good when has a good balance.
    nice pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you, and thanks so much for sharing that with me. I definitely only buy dolls that I really really love now. I don't have any regrets either except for 1 or 2 dolls that I didn't buy. It's all good though, because there is always another Barbie doll right around the corner.

      xoxo
      Chrissy

      Delete