Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Francie Reroot

I think most Barbie collectors are acquainted with her modern British cousin.....Francie. Mattel lst issued her in 1966, and she was on the market until 1976. Mattel reintroduced Francie for heer 30th anniversary, and we've seen some more of her since then and as recently as 2012 as Fuchsia n' Fur Francie from Barbiecollector.com. I just purchased this silkstone Francie doll myself, and she is now in my collection. More on her later.

The reason I'm writing this post today, is to feature a vintage Francie doll that belongs to a long time online friend of mine. We did a trade a number of years ago, and for my part of the trade, I rerooted her Francie doll for her. She picked out the hair color she wanted her doll to have, and I went to town rerooting her. Another wonderful ooak doll artist had repainted her already, and I gave her her crowning glory. My friend wanted her to have the "no bangs" Francie hairstyle, and so that's what I gave her. Here is a picture of her all finished and ready to go home.



In the process of removing Francie's hair, some of her eyebrow paint came off. So....I got up my courage and repainted her brows. If I don't say so myself, they turned out great. It wasn't my first time repainting a doll, and I have painted a number of Barbie doll's lips.

I also made the outfit you see Francie Fairchild wearing in the above pictures. I made her a matching purse and headband to go with her dress. I'm happy to report, that my online friend really loved her doll when she arrived home. Yaaaaay! A job well done is always a plus.

I hope you enjoyed today's post, and please leave me a comment. I really love hearing from anyone who would like to share with me. Thanks for stopping by.

xoxo
Chrissy

2 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: I like the new photo of the cover of your blog. It's a very cool picture. Francie is very attractive. Your the fixed it very well. The dress is stunning. Great job. I also like the house that you created for her. .. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marta. I appreciate your comments. The house you spoke of is actually a fold up Francie/Casey mod/vintage case. I was fortunate enough to be able to get it for my collection.

      Delete