Monday, March 4, 2013

Anna Sui Boho Barbie

Hello everyone out there in blogland. Today is a beautiful sunny day where I live in sunny California. This is nice, but tomorrow we are expecting some more rain. I like rain, and we sure do need it. But now I will go on to a topic that is a lot more fun, and that is to talk about our favorite hobby of collecting dolls.

I thought I would share a bit about me and how I started collecting my favorite girl.....Barbie. In about 1991, my hubby saw in our local newspaper that a doll show was being held here, so he asked if I would like to go. Why not? I was a bit intrigued to find out exactly what a doll show was all about, and I wondered if I would see some of my childhood dolls there. I really was blown away once we arrived and saw just how big collecting Barbie had become. There were lots of other dolls there as well, but the amount of Barbie dolls that were for sale was a bit mind boggling. You would think that this show would have been when I bought my first Barbie as a collector, but as it turns out, it was not. Previously, my hubby and I had gone on an anniversary trip to another area of our state, and we came across a Mattel Outlet store. We went inside, and I bought 2 Barbie dolls. At the time, I had no idea that I had started collecting, because I had bought them for another purpose. Yep....I had decided that I wanted to learn how to crochet, and I had a couple of Barbie crochet patterns already. I fully intended to crochet fashions from those patterns for the 2 Barbie dolls I bought that day to wear. I'm sad to say that I never did learn how to crochet. lol So to make a long story a bit shorter, I bought 2 more Barbie dolls at the doll show, and my collection had started to grow. After that, hubby and I went to many many doll shows and my collection kept growing. Once the internet was born, it became much easier to buy more dolls, etc. etc. So.....I guess you could say that it really was my hubby's idea for me to start collecting Barbie dolls. He suggested going to the doll show, and then he really encouraged me to buy the 2 dolls I came home with that day. It's all his fault! lol And I'm so very happy it is.

So on to the doll I'm going to share with you today, which is the Anna Sui Boho Barbie from 2006. I was so very excited to find her at Tuesday Morning for a much reduced price, and that's when she became mine. Please enjoy a few pics of my Anna Sui Boho Barbie.

 
 
 
 

Isn't she gorgeous? I'm so very glad she is part of my collection, and I enjoy her each and every day.

I'm so glad you stopped by to check out my blog. I hope you enjoyed my post today. Please feel free to leave a comment, and I will repond as soon as I can.

xoxo
Chrissy

4 comments:

  1. She is very pretty. I love her outfit and accessories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natlia. I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

      xoxo
      Chrissy

      Delete
  2. Hello from Spain, in my city also is raining but the weekend was sunny. Spring is negar. I like hot and sun. Anna Sui bogo is very pretty. I like her long, dark hair. I like outfits she is wearing. She is very cool. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marta, and I always appreciate you leaving your input on my blog.

      xoxo
      Chrissy

      Delete