Saturday, March 9, 2013

Happy 54th Birthday Barbie!

March 9, 1959 is a very important date for those of us that love Barbie and collect her. It's the date that Mattel first released Barbie on the toy market, and Barbie lovers everywhere have always celebrated this day. So, I couldn't let this day go by without paying homage to such an icon as Barbie. She has inspired so many throughout the years in so many different ways. Her messages have been many to little and big people alike. To list all of them here would take a long time and turn into a book, but I don't think anyone would disagree with this statement. Barbie has definitely become a worldwide icon to so many. Even dolls that don't carry the famous "Barbie" trademarked name, are referred to as being a Barbie. I have heard this and seen this many many times in the years I've been collecting. In fact, the word "Barbie" is used in many different ways to reference many different things. I'm sure many of you out there know exactly what I'm talking about.

Barbie....you will forever remain FABSOME and BARBIELICIOUS. You are forever young and inspirational to so many. Happy 54th Birthday to a wonderful "doll."

I hope you enjoyed today's post to celebrate Barbie's 54th birthday. May she be around for another 54 years and beyond.

Thanks for stopping by today. Please leave a comment if you would like.

xoxo
Chrissy

2 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: Happy Birthday Barbie!!!. My favorite doll. I'm happy collecting Barbies. Thanks to her I know smart people like you. Nice post. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marta....I enjoyed your comment. We have Barbie in common, and that's a wonderful thing.

    xoxo
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete