Friday, June 14, 2013

Wedding Party Midge Gift Set

Wow....June is almost half over. Hard to believe we are halfway to Christmas again. Didn't we just have that? lol I say that more and more every year it seems. Anyway...on to my post for today. There is a saying here in America....June Brides. A lot of brides to be want to be a June bride, so a lot of weddings take place in June. So...I've decided to share a few of my bride dolls to celebrate the month of June. I did this last year too, so we'll see how far I get before the month is over. 

Mattel gave us a wonderful gift set in 1990, and I am so glad I own it. The Wedding Party Midge gift set is one that marks a milestone in the Barbie dolls friends and family line of dolls. Midge Hadley has been Barbie's best friend since she appeared on the market in 1962. As we Barbie collectors all know, Barbie has appeared on the market too many times to count wearing a wedding gown, but Mattel has yet to marry Barbie to her longtime love.....Ken. I won't even begin to speculate why that is either. lol 




Isn't the whole bridal party attractive? Of course, Barbie is Midge's bridesmaid and Ken is Allen's best man. Kelly is the flower girl, and Todd is the ring bearer. Midge even has a gold wedding band painted on her left ring finger. 

I hope you enjoyed this post about Barbie's best friend getting married. I really cherish my Wedding Party Midge gift set in my collection. It's still nrfb too. 

xoxo
Chrissy

10 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a June theme!
    Wow... Midge has got quite the wedding party going on there!

    http://travelingtwig.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your comment.

    xoxo
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes....he is a bit shiny, but I think it's mainly the glare from the plastic. I'll have to take a better look at him in the box.

      xoxo
      Chrissy

      Delete
  4. Hello from Spain: in my country most weddings are held in the summer months: July and August. I see that your country is in the month of June. I really like your girlfriend Midge. The dress and friends I love. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very interesting how different countries celebrate things like weddings, holidays, etc. I'm glad you enjoyed the Midge Wedding Party.

    xoxo
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice I also share with you something hope this helpful for. Spend as little money as possible.
    For our family this is just a necessity. If I want to throw a great party, I have to do it on a budget. But my need to be thrifty gets my creative brain going. And that gets me thinking like a kid. Rather than buying 20 sets of cat ears at $3.50 a piece, I bought 4 6-packs of headbands for $3 each and made the ears from pipe cleaners we already had. Rather than rent out an expensive party place, we have our parties at the park. (Granted, this is possible because Lily's birthday is in May. But there are indoor options as well. The library, for example.) I make the cupcakes myself every year. They usually come out crazy looking. And nobody cares. You do not need to spend a lot of money to make a kid happy. Check it out thanks.

    Party Rentals Tampa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lawn Signs for Birthdays Locations available for Vancouver , Calgary , Edmonton , Ottawa , Montreal , Nova Scotia . Please inquire about your area today.So many people dive right in and think that more is better . Not true .I have been self employed all my life . I have never had a job and work from home with my family. We can save you lots of time and money right from the get go .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have got that set. You wouldn't BELIEVE what I went through to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was surfing net and fortunately came across this site and found very interesting stuff here. Its really fun to read. I enjoyed a lot. Thanks for sharing this wonderful information.
    Best wedding bands kansas city

    ReplyDelete